Items We Do Not Sell
Please note: On May 13, 2013, a motion was passed to accept chesterfields in good condition and capable of being handled by two men. All of this is subject to Daliy Supervisor's approval.
Please note: On October 3, 2011, a motion was passed to add the following to our DO NOT SELL list:
The Thrift Shop will NO LONGER accept used underpants (men's, women's or children's) as items for donations.
Please Note: On June 13, 2011, a motion was passed to add the following to our DO NOT SELL list:
The Thrift Shop will NO LONGER accept organs or heavy pianos as items for donations.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT/SELL:
• Sofa beds
• Sofas, loveseats: Motion passed May 13, 2013: The Thrift Shop will now accept chesterfields that are in good condition subject to the approval of the daily supervisor and subject to the fact that they may be handled safely by two men.
• Any furniture too heavy for two men to move
• e.g. large wall units, metal desks
- organs or heavy pianos effective June 13, 2011.
• Old computer monitors (flat screen models are acceptable), fax machines, printers
• Baby Items e.g. high chairs, carriages, strollers, car seats, booster cushions, cribs, cradles, playpens, bumper pads, used baby potties, used baby bottles, baby gates (may be sold as pet gates only)
• Home-made video tapes, video tapes in very dirty and/or cracked/torn cartridge holders
• Copied DVDs
• Home-made or copied CDs
• Helmets of any kind
• Face Protectors
• Life Preservers, fire extinguishers
• Blow-up Pools, inner tubes, air mattresses
• Electric blankets/heating pads
• Stained or torn upholstered furniture
• Used toilets and/or toilet seats
• Burnt candles
• Glasses or mugs with advertising
• Single glasses unless deemed somewhat special
• Sets of less than four glasses
• Dirty stuffed animals
• Toy guns (should be broken up before discarding in dumpster)
• Food Products e.g. candy/chocolate/tea/coffee in a container
• Plastic items that are scored with knife marks
• Chipped dishes/cups/bowls/etc.
• National Geographic magazines (in moderation)
• Old textbooks
• Ripped, water-damaged or moldy books (You could direct people to the book drop-off box in front of the recycle bottle depot.)
• Used make-up/makeup that is not sealed
• Stained cushions
• Stained or old bed pillows
• Stained comforters/quilts
• Smoked-filled or mothball-scented items:
• Any clothing item with off-colour slogan printed on it
• Any clothing item with official insignia that might be used to threaten community security
- Used underpants (men's, women's, children's) effective October 3, 2011
AN ENLARGED COPY OF THIS ENTIRE LIST IS POSTED IN OUR SHOP WINDOW NEAR THE SORTING ROOM ENTRANCE DOOR.
News and Events
THRIFT SHOP DAILY SALE: Daily sales posted here when supervisor notifies the website.
Come on in for a shopping adventure!Read More>>
TODAY'S MENU: COURTYARD CAFE DAILY SPECIALS now on our site!
READ MORE to see the regular menu items and prices featured at the Auxiliary COURTYARD CAFE. Lunch Specials posted weekly. Hours: Mon to Fri 8am-4pm; Sat & Sun 10am-4pmRead More>>
AUXILIARY DAY AT DELTA HOSPITAL
MAY 10, 2013 - It was time to stand proud, wave the Auxiliary flag and share some time with our volunteers from all seven Units. Delta Hospital Bell Choir added pizzazz to our celebration! (photos are here!)Read More>>
Have you Visited the GIFT SHOP lately?
Lots of new items for your summer pleasure! ...and the jewellery...and the scarves...and the purses...OH MY!Read More>>
Delta Hospital VENDOR CALENDAR
See who is selling what each month in our CAFE lobby area!Read More>>
MAY issue of THE BUZZ...
A wonderful way to keep all volunteers informed of the comings and goings - and doings - of all seven Units. MAY ISSUE has been emailed to all members.Read More>>
FEATURE STORY OF THE MONTH: Meet Frank K. and his Sidewalk Sale helpers
Have a look at what goes on at our Shop on a Sunday! Are you missing this Ladner event?Read More>>
FIRST PLACE WINNING PHOTO AT BCAHA Conference in Victoria
Delta Hospital Auxiliary wins another first place this year at Victoria Conference with photo by Nean LundRead More>>
Auxiliary President Marilyn Jones' MAY REPORT
News from the President! Read how busy our Auxiliary has been!Read More>>
PINS! PINS! PINS! Service pins, that is!
Did you receive a letter about receiving your 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 or LIFETIME service pin from the Auxiliary?Read More>>
LIFELINE UNIT needs your help!
Please consider giving your time to this very worthwhile service that the Auxiliary provides through our Lifeline Unit.Read More>>
KEEP YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS UPDATED!
If you want to receive all the news that is news... If you want to be "in the know" ... PLEASE have your current email address on file with the Auxiliary Office.Read More>>
PROVINCIAL CONVENTION expands our horizons
Information for everyone about how to contact the Provincial Association of Health Care Auxiliaries - plus great ideas to discuss around your auxiliary table!Read More>>
WEBSITES: A Beginning
Some beginner's ideas when starting a websiteRead More>>
MEET YOUR WEBMASTER(s)
The people to contact to post your News and Events.Read More>>
Delta Hospital Auxiliary
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V6
Phone: 604-946-1121 local 783212