HOSPITAL UNIT Coordinator: Kitty Sawycky
Delta Hospital Auxiliary Volunteers
Hospital volunteers provide a valuable service to patients, families, and staff by performing a variety of support functions throughout the hospital.
• Residential Care Programs - a variety of opportunities that allow for assisting recreation staff deliver leisure activities as well as independent patient socialization.
• Acute Care Programs - a range of opportunities that support medical services and programs such as Emergency, Screening Mammography, Medical Imaging, Surgical Daycare.
• Junior Volunteer Program - opportunities for students ages 15 and older.
• Screening and placement includes application, interview, references, orientation and training.
• Placement is based on your skills, abilities, interests and the availability of a suitable replacement. Only those considered for placement will be contacted for an interview. If you are not selected for placement, your application will be kept on file for six months and reviewed regularly.
• A criminal record search may be required
• Proficiency in English
• Minimum Age: 15 years
• Minimum Commitment: 75 hours or 6 months
Please note some areas may not have vacancies in the program. Every effort will be made to match you with the volunteer opportunity that meets your interests and abilities
What Makes a Great Volunteer?
• An interest in working in a health care setting
• An individual who is empathetic with good listening/interpersonal skills
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to respect confidentiality and patient privacy
For more information on how you can become a volunteer, please contact:
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V7
News and Events
THRIFT SHOP DAILY SALE: Daily sales posted here when supervisor notifies the website.
Come on in for a shopping adventure!Read More>>
TODAY'S MENU: COURTYARD CAFE DAILY SPECIALS now on our site!
READ MORE to see the regular menu items and prices featured at the Auxiliary COURTYARD CAFE. Lunch Specials posted weekly. Hours: Mon to Fri 8am-4pm; Sat & Sun 10am-4pmRead More>>
AUXILIARY DAY AT DELTA HOSPITAL
MAY 10, 2013 - It was time to stand proud, wave the Auxiliary flag and share some time with our volunteers from all seven Units. Delta Hospital Bell Choir added pizzazz to our celebration! (photos are here!)Read More>>
Have you Visited the GIFT SHOP lately?
Lots of new items for your summer pleasure! ...and the jewellery...and the scarves...and the purses...OH MY!Read More>>
Delta Hospital VENDOR CALENDAR
See who is selling what each month in our CAFE lobby area!Read More>>
MAY issue of THE BUZZ...
A wonderful way to keep all volunteers informed of the comings and goings - and doings - of all seven Units. MAY ISSUE has been emailed to all members.Read More>>
FIRST PLACE WINNING PHOTO AT BCAHA Conference in Victoria
Delta Hospital Auxiliary wins another first place this year at Victoria Conference with photo by Nean LundRead More>>
FEATURE STORY OF THE MONTH: Meet Frank K. and his Sidewalk Sale helpers
Have a look at what goes on at our Shop on a Sunday! Are you missing this Ladner event?Read More>>
Auxiliary President Marilyn Jones' MAY REPORT
News from the President! Read how busy our Auxiliary has been!Read More>>
PINS! PINS! PINS! Service pins, that is!
Did you receive a letter about receiving your 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 or LIFETIME service pin from the Auxiliary?Read More>>
LIFELINE UNIT needs your help!
Please consider giving your time to this very worthwhile service that the Auxiliary provides through our Lifeline Unit.Read More>>
KEEP YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS UPDATED!
If you want to receive all the news that is news... If you want to be "in the know" ... PLEASE have your current email address on file with the Auxiliary Office.Read More>>
PROVINCIAL CONVENTION expands our horizons
Information for everyone about how to contact the Provincial Association of Health Care Auxiliaries - plus great ideas to discuss around your auxiliary table!Read More>>
WEBSITES: A Beginning
Some beginner's ideas when starting a websiteRead More>>
MEET YOUR WEBMASTER(s)
The people to contact to post your News and Events.Read More>>
Delta Hospital Auxiliary
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V6
Phone: 604-946-1121 local 783212